Dr. David Ramey posted a great article on the 7 Rules for Buying a Horse. We would agree with all of them.
1. Don’t be in a hurry
2. Don’t have unrealistic expectations
3. Make sure you like the horse
4. Don’t expect to make a profit
5. You can’t predict the future
6. Be very clear about what you’re paying for in the prepurchase exam, and why
7. Make sure that the deal is transparent
You might not understand these reasons so go read Dr. Ramsey’s explanations for the 7 Rules For Buying a Horse.
If you are ready to start looking for your next equine partner, head over to our Thoroughbred Horses For Sale website to see what we have available. Sometimes it takes a few days to list a new horse and so we post a photo or video on our BitsandBytesFarm Facebook page. This pretty grey filly, Curious Zelda, was sold before she made it to the website. Our recommendation is to call and talk with us about what you are looking for. That way we can help you sort out your options and help you make a match. You can reach us seven days a week between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. east coast time. 770-704-6595.